Hosting a Server¶
There are two ports that Empeld needs to run (by default, can be changed in config). You may need to do port-forwarding if you're self-hosting.
- 43710 TCP & UDP (Game traffic)
- 43711 TCP (Server metadata and joining information)
All the configuration appears in the
empeld.default.config file. Simple copy the file to
empeld.config to set any of the configuration. This file is a way to specify any arguments that can be found by running
The order of operations are:
- Apply configuration defaults
empeld.config (if it exists)
- Apply environment configuration, beginning with
- Apply any command line arguments (Overriding anything else)
To add a user as op (aka Administrator) simply add the username to
Instead of controlling who can join with a password, you can allow or forbid individuals with a whitelist. There are three ways to add or remove people from the whitelist.
To use whitelisting, it must be enabled in the server configuration.
- In the server's console, type
- In the in-game chat (only if you're an administrator) type
- Add a list of usernames (separated by newlines) to a
whitelist.txtfile in the same directory as the server